E-Check At A Glance
E-Check is a vital part of Ohio’s comprehensive air quality plan to reduce motor vehicle pollutants and enrich the quality of life for the region’s residents.
Why E-Check Works:
- Motor vehicles are the single greatest source of smog-causing pollution in Northeast Ohio—greater than all of Ohio’s steel mills, chemical and power plants combined.
- E-Check removes more than 74 tons of harmful vehicle emissions from the region’s air every single day—helping improve air quality, protect public health, safeguard the environment and support economic growth.
- Air pollutants from motor vehicles are linked to serious health problems including asthma, cancer and heart and lung disease. Children, seniors and pregnant women are particularly vulnerable.
- Changing the current E-Check system to dilute or eliminate its effectiveness would jeopardize the health of our environment, citizens and economy. Without the air quality benefits of E-Check, the harm to our air would be the equivalent of adding 400,000 cars to our roadways, or 15 new factories.
- If Ohio does not comply with increasingly demanding federal Clean Air Act mandates, we risk severe penalties including limits on construction grants, industrial expansion, job growth and the elimination of more than $900 million in federal highway funds.
To find out more about Ohio E-Check, visit www.ohioecheck.org today!